The most searched for catfish recipe on the net is for baked catfish recipes. Of course, this implies it is the favored of several catfish “connoisseurs”. Even though not my favored, I will share with you my favored version of the classic baked catfish recipe, which is baked catfish with mushroom wine sauce. Not only is this a dish that tastes excellent, it is also rapid and effortless to prepare, and adds a touch of elegance positive to appeal to even the most picky of eaters.
Baked Catfish with Mushroom Sauce Recipe
The components required are:
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter or margarine. I choose butter.
- 1 cup of fresh, sliced mushrooms
- 1/four cup of chopped green onions
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/four cup of white wine
- 1 tablespoon of fresh, chopped parsley
- 2 catfish filets, four-six ounces every
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray or vegetable oil
- Lemon slices
1. Very first, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Then, heat the vegetable oil and melt the butter or margarine with each other in a heavy skillet. Subsequent, add the mushrooms, onions, and garlic, and saute’ till mushrooms turn out to be translucent.
2. Add the white wine, and bring to a simmer. Then, eliminate pan from the heat and stir in chopped parsley.
3. Now we’ll clean the catfish by rinsing beneath cool, operating water, followed by patting it dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika to taste on each sides.
4. Location the fillets in a baking dish lightly coated with cooking spray or vegetable oil. Pour the mushroom-wine sauce we ready earlier more than the fillets. Bake for 10-20 minutes or till the catfish is no longer translucent at the thickest aspect, and flakes very easily when tested with a fork.
5. Garnish with parsley and lemon slices if preferred.
Catfish Baking Recommendations
A single of the greatest challenges when baking catfish is dryness. Sauces and basting assistance stop dryness by maintaining the fish moist, as effectively as creating the fish a lot more flavorful. In the recipe I’ve shared right here, the mushroom-wine sauce fulfills this will need wonderfully.
The key test for doneness, no matter how extended the catfish has cooked, is flaking. When performed, catfish will flake very easily when tested with a fork, and will be opaque. To gauge cooking instances, aim for 10 minutes per pound, or 10 minutes per 1 inch of thickness.
It is crucial to test for doneness typically. After it is performed, it is performed. There is no “uncooking” an overcooked fish, so spend interest. And recall, some stoves cook at unique temperatures, even when set at the exact same temperature. Consequently, when cooking in unfamiliar territory, spend further interest.