Thinking about all sorts of photography shoots with all sorts of distinctive consumers and settings, a photographer need to generally be dressed appropriately. Assume about it, you need to be dressed to impress numerous groups of people today regardless of your occasion:
(1) The Client, (2) The Guests, (3) Any Prospective Future Customers in attendance.
Dressing inappropriately for your subsequent occasion will most surely assure you will not be obtaining any future jobs from this occasion. As frequent sense as this sounds, I can’t inform you how lots of events I have attended exactly where I have been distracted by the photographer’s attire. A superior photographer’s attire will just about never ever be acknowledged, but a poor one’s will generally be noticed.
Right here are some basic recommendations to stick to when organizing for your subsequent occasion:
(1) Dress to blend in. You are not the concentrate of consideration, so wearing loud / colorful / busy garments is distracting and inappropriate. A superior rule is to stick to strong colors, and if you are unsure – default to darker solids.
(2) Never overdress. I would argue that any occasion you attend guys will not want a tie, unless especially asked for. Even if you are a photographer at a wedding, you are not anticipated to dress in a suit – on the other hand, you are not anticipated to show up in a t-shirt and jeans either. A superior solution is generally a dark strong sweater with a collared shirt – or a collared shirt with a sport coat.
(3) Be conscious of your requires – aka, be comfy. 1 explanation you never see a lot of photographers wearing a suit at weddings is we want to move we move a lot, and want to move rapid. Make certain your pants and footwear are generally comfy, but tennis footwear are frowned upon and will speedily alienate you as an amateur photographer.
(4) Constantly put on slacks. Or if you favor: never ever put on jeans. Even if you are going out to shoot an informal couple’s engagement or a band’s promo, you nevertheless want to put on your slacks. And never ever put on tennis footwear. If you want to dress down, add a strong v-neck t-shirt with your slacks, but never opt for jeans.
(5) Dress to make your consumers really feel comfy – if you are going for an informal mood and want your consumers to loosen up, throw on a designer t-shirt with your slacks. If you are shooting a wedding dress to make your bride comfy with you walking about.
Final fall I was hired to photograph a Hollywood costume celebration and my client asked if I would dress up in costume…my answer? No issue. I did not want to be the celebration pooper and all all through the evening my assistant and I got compliments from the guests…they thrilled we had been dressed up as well. It was a predicament exactly where if I went far more conservative and did not dress up I would have stood out, in a poor way. Pretty much just about every time as a photographer if you are standing out, it is in a poor way.